Strange empirical results on heterogenous edge regression

I am having strange empirical results. I am trying to solve edge regression problem on heterogenous graph. Here is info about the graph:

Graph(num_nodes={'query': 50, 'resource': 149},
      num_edges={('query', 'relevant', 'resource'): 4286, ('resource', 'relevant-too', 'query'): 4286},
      metagraph=[('query', 'resource', 'relevant'), ('resource', 'query', 'relevant-too')])

I am following the code provided in link
It is strange that NDCG and MAP are also not improving. Any suggestion please?

graph = dgl.heterograph({
    ('query', 'relevant', 'resource'): (query_src_torch, resource_dst_torch),
    ('resource', 'relevant-too', 'query'): (resource_dst_torch, query_src_torch)
})

graph.edges['relevant'].data['weight'] = relevant_torch
graph.edges['relevant-too'].data['weight'] = relevant_torch
graph.nodes['query'].data['features'] = query_features_torch
graph.nodes['resource'].data['features'] = resource_features_torch

nodes_features = {
    'query': graph.nodes['query'].data['features'], 
    'resource': graph.nodes['resource'].data['features']
}
edge_weights = {
    'relevant': {'edge_weight': graph.edata['weight'][('query', 'relevant', 'resource')]},
    'relevant-too': {'edge_weight': graph.edata['weight'][('resource', 'relevant-too', 'query')]}
}
y_true = graph.edges['relevant'].data['weight']

for epoch in range(epochs):
    model.train()
    y_pred = model(graph, nodes_features, edge_weights, ('query', 'relevant', 'resource'))

loss = criterion(y_pred.view(len(y_true))[train_mask], y_true[train_mask])

opt.zero_grad()
    loss.backward()
    opt.step()

ranking_metrics = get_ranking_evaluation(dataset.query_resource_pairs, train_test_threshold, y_pred, True)

model.eval()
    with torch.no_grad():
        y_pred = model(graph, nodes_features, edge_weights, ('query', 'relevant', 'resource'))

loss = criterion(y_pred.view(len(y_true))[test_mask], y_true[test_mask])

ranking_metrics = get_ranking_evaluation(dataset.query_resource_pairs, train_test_threshold, y_pred, False)

1a
2a
3a

m5
n5

Can you provide a minimal example to reproduce the experiment?

Sure. Do you want me to give you a dataset?

Sorry for the late reply. It will be great if you can reproduce the experiment with a toy synthetic dataset that can be generated with a script. Alternatively, you can also try sharing the dataset.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.