Speed up DGLGraph.subgraphs (or dgl.unbatch)?

Is it possible to speed up either of these operations? I am trying to split about 100k nodes into 10k subgraphs and this operation takes up 95% of my code’s runtime. I have tried to run DGLGraph.subgraphs in parallel with multiprocessing (this would give sufficient speedup), but am getting the following error:

multiprocessing.pool.MaybeEncodingError: 
Error sending result: '[[<dgl.subgraph.DGLSubGraph object at 0x7f07fc620278>]]'. 
Reason: 'NotImplementedError('SubgraphIndex pickling is not supported yet.',)'

Are these 10K subgraphs connected? Or it’s more like an unbatch case where each subgraph is one component?

No connections, just like the unbatch case. I actually have no edges at all; DGL just makes it much easier to compute over unequally-sized groups of nodes.

I wonder if I could make a child class of SubgraphIndex which supports pickling?

I realized since I’m not currently using edges that I could just create new dgl.DGLGraph objects with the number of nodes I need for each subgraph. DGLGraphs can be serialized, but it seems there is a linear-time overhead when doing this which makes multiprocessing prohibitive (running without multiprocessing gives similar performance DGLGraph.subgraphs).

Still looking for a solution (ideally with DGLGraph.subgraphs.) if possible.