How can I compute the Assortivity or Disassortivity of a node classification dataset?

How can I compute the Assortivity or Disassortivity of a node classification dataset?
I can’t find the func. in the library.
Thank you for ur help.

Hi, currently we don’t have such a functionality, but you could write a simple function to calculate it. Here is a sketch (may not be accurate, just an idea according to this):

g = ... # some graph
f1 = g.in_degrees()
f2 = g.out_degrees()
f1_bar = f1.mean()
f2_bar = f2.mean()
r = ((f1 - f1_bar) * (f2 - f2_bar)).mean() / (f2 - f2_bar).sum().sqrt() / (f2 - f2_bar) ** 2).sum().sqrt()

Other options include converting your graph to networkx graph to use their provided API.

Sorry, I don’t really understand this algorithm. Assortivity is related to the label of the neighbor. I did not find the steps to visit the label of the neighbor. I am looking forward to your answer. The computing method can be found in the paper of Geom-GCN.

R=\frac{1}{N} \sum_{v \in V} \frac{\text { Number of } v \text { 's neighbors who have the same label as } v}{\text { Number of } v \text { 's neighbors }} .

I see. That’s a different type of assortivity. For your case, your could write a message passing function to achieve that.

g = ...  # some g
g.ndata['label'] = ...  # some node label
def mfunc(edges):
    return {'mask' : edges.src['label'] == edges.dst['label']}
g.update_all(mfunc, dgl.function.sum('mask', 'N'))
R = (g.ndata['N'] / g.in_degrees()).mean()

Look like a good module to have in DGL too. Would you like to contribute it? cc @mufeili

Thanks, I will try the method soon, keep in touch

Hello, The code reports an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Assortivity.py", line 36, in <module>
    g.update_all(mfunc, dgl.function.sum('mask', 'N'))
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/heterograph.py", line 4501, in update_all
    ndata = core.message_passing(g, message_func, reduce_func, apply_node_func)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/core.py", line 295, in message_passing
    ndata = invoke_gspmm(g, fn.copy_e(msg, msg), rfunc, edata=msgdata)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/core.py", line 255, in invoke_gspmm
    z = op(graph, x)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/ops/spmm.py", line 172, in func
    return gspmm(g, 'copy_rhs', reduce_op, None, x)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/ops/spmm.py", line 64, in gspmm
    lhs_data, rhs_data)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/backend/pytorch/sparse.py", line 260, in gspmm
    return GSpMM.apply(gidx, op, reduce_op, lhs_data, rhs_data)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/backend/pytorch/sparse.py", line 64, in forward
    out, (argX, argY) = _gspmm(gidx, op, reduce_op, X, Y)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/sparse.py", line 157, in _gspmm
    arg_e_nd)
  File "dgl/_ffi/_cython/./function.pxi", line 287, in dgl._ffi._cy3.core.FunctionBase.__call__
  File "dgl/_ffi/_cython/./function.pxi", line 232, in dgl._ffi._cy3.core.FuncCall
  File "dgl/_ffi/_cython/./base.pxi", line 155, in dgl._ffi._cy3.core.CALL
dgl._ffi.base.DGLError: [01:31:24] /opt/dgl/src/array/kernel.cc:94: Check failed: (out->dtype).code == kDLFloat ( vs. 2) : Feature data must be float type
Stack trace:
  [bt] (0) /opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/libdgl.so(dmlc::LogMessageFatal::~LogMessageFatal()+0x4f) [0x7f6e31334c4f]
  [bt] (1) /opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/libdgl.so(dgl::aten::SpMM(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::shared_ptr<dgl::BaseHeteroGraph>, dgl::runtime::NDArray, dgl::runtime::NDArray, dgl::runtime::NDArray, std::vector<dgl::runtime::NDArray, std::allocator<dgl::runtime::NDArray> >)+0x3f8) [0x7f6e31460218]
  [bt] (2) /opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/libdgl.so(+0x6610d4) [0x7f6e314690d4]
  [bt] (3) /opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/libdgl.so(+0x6617d1) [0x7f6e314697d1]
  [bt] (4) /opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/libdgl.so(DGLFuncCall+0x48) [0x7f6e319f3e28]
  [bt] (5) /opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/_ffi/_cy3/core.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so(+0x163aa) [0x7f6e30bff3aa]
  [bt] (6) /opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dgl/_ffi/_cy3/core.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so(+0x1691b) [0x7f6e30bff91b]
  [bt] (7) python(_PyObject_FastCallKeywords+0x48b) [0x563bc8ad000b]
  [bt] (8) python(_PyEval_EvalFrameDefault+0x49b6) [0x563bc8b34186]

I hope you can tell me how to solve it, thank you.

Try:

def mfunc(edges):
    return {'mask' : (edges.src['label'] == edges.dst['label']).float()}

because DGL currently only supports message passing of float values, which we should definitely improve. Could you help creating a feature request issue using this case? We’d like to track this.

I’m happy to help with this, but would like you to tell me what to do next

You can open a feature request on github here using our template. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.