Convert ParMetis partition to dgl graph

I’m following the instructions to convert the ParMetis format to dgl graph but I fail on the third steps: dgl/examples/pytorch/rgcn/experimental at master · dmlc/dgl · GitHub

1. dgl/tools/convert_partition.py This file doesn’t exist. dgl/tools/distpartitioning/convert_partition.py is a module. Is this the right file to call: dgl/parmetis_postprocess.py at master · dmlc/dgl · GitHub?

2. I also notice that the parmetis_wrapper calls pm_dglpart3 but all the other documentation calls pm_dglpart dgl/parmetis_wrapper.py at f635e2a11eb4d74618594fc99aadbc3b3d3f4111 · dmlc/dgl · GitHub Which one should we call?

Hi,
The README is outdated as we’re working on a new distributed partition pipeline which involves the modules and programs we were using before such as pm_dglpart, convert_partition. We’ll update the doc page once it’s fully ready.

Does python3 partition_graph.py --dataset ogbn-mag --num_parts 4 --balance_train --balance_edges work for you?

For mag, the partition_graph.py works for me. I’m looking for example/instruction for using ParMetis. I’m trying to rerun the experiment of this paper that describes the new design of DGL: Distributed Hybrid CPU and GPU training for Graph Neural Networks on Billion-Scale Heterogeneous Graphs.

It seems the rgcn is the only one with step by step examples for ParMetis. I want to partition ogb-paper100M. It’s in the partition_graph.py of the graphsage example. I get OOM when I run the script.

As I mentioned here: ogb-papers100M requires 400+GB in RAM.

I think one workaround is checking out to 0.8.x: dgl/tools at 0.8.x · dmlc/dgl · GitHub which is supposed to work well as the README in rgcn example. After you successfully obtaining the partitioned graphs, you could turn to latest DGL for train.

Thanks for the link. I can try the pipeline in the master.

By the way, has the design mentioned in the paper merged in the latest DGL repo?

DistDGLv2 has not been implemented in DGL yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.